A wonderful bright oil that has been used for centuries to heal. The essential oil of lime is an antibacterial, antiseptic, antiviral and promotes restoration. The essential oil of Lime has been used in the past for stomach aches, infections, the common cold, sore throats and fevers.
The essential oil of lime has been used to promote physical energy, protection and purification during spiritual and psychic ceremonies.
The scientific reason that the essential oil of lime is so effective is because of its high concentration of monoterpenes. This chemical makeup makes the essential oil of lime an excellent detoxifier and with the d-Limonene the essential oil of lime provides anticancer properties, antibacterial properties, antifungal properties and antiviral properties. The essential oil of lime can be considered stimulating and works well on tired muscles.
Here are five ways that you can use the essential oil of lime:
1. Smell: the essential oil of lime has a wonderful smell that will refresh you and has been used to decrease fatigue, improve mood, reduce anxiety and improve concentration. The essential oil of lime can be place in a diffuser or a couple drops added to a candle.
2. Acumedicine: Applying the essential oil of lime to various energy points will provide relief from a large number of problems including:
- Sore throat
- remove wrinkles
- improve anxiety
- improve the lymphatic flow (decrease the amount of toxin in the body)
- strengthens nails
- improves broken capillaries
3. Massage: blend the essential oil of lime with lavender or rosemary and almond oil and you have the perfect massage oil. An oil that will detoxify, improve immune function and relax the soul.
4. Sore throat: 10 drops essential oil of lime and one teaspoon of raw honey. Ingest every 4 hours and this will soothe a sore throat and reduce cough. The purifying ability of the essential oil of lime will strengthen the immune system, kill pathogens and improve detoxification leading to decreased time being sick.
5. Fever: the essential oil of lime will reduce fever. Apply five drops of the essential oil of lime to a cold compress and place on the forehead of the person with fever.
The essential oil of lime is phototoxic. Do not expose yourself to the sun if you have used the essential oil of lime for 24 hours.
The essential of lime is a potent and natural healing therapy and can be used safely for many conditions. Although the essential oil of lime does create photo toxicity it is an effective therapy for many conditions and has proven itself over time. Take the time to add the essential oil of lime to you essential oil first aid kit today.
Abundant health (2011) Modern essentials a contempary guide to the therapuetic use of essential oils.
Clarity (2011) Lime. Flickr at http://www.flickr.com/photos/clairity/
Lawless, J. (1995) The illustrated encyclopedia of essential oils. Element Books.
Tisserand, R. (1995) Essential oil safety: A guide for health care professionals. Churchill Livingstone
The North Shore Institute of Healing can answer any questions that you may have regarding essential oils and healing. Please contact us at email@example.com or leave a comment.